Monday, September 26, 2011

...October Tag...


Another month passes by in the blink of an eye.  It's already starting to look like fall around here with the leaves changing into deep hues of gold, orange and red...though we've managed to hang onto a few extra days of summer weather (getting as high as 80 degrees some days).  The days are warm and the nights cool...just perfect in my book. 

The fall season is my favorite here in Maine, but I am sorry to see summer winding down.  The girls and I enjoyed the beaches more times than I can count, and we just love spending time outdoors, but fall is beyond beautiful and the crisp air is so invigorating.  There are county fairs being held all over the state where you can purchase some amazing handmade crafts, savor organic and fun foods (fried dough being one of my favorites!), and enjoy a nice hot cup of apple cider. 

I've channeled my love of fall into October's tag.  I used a lot of scraps and vintage items and lots of layering. 

Materials used:  standard shipping tag, vintage bingo card, vintage dress pattern, vintage buttons, vintage lace, vintage doily, paper doily, hand cut bird from DCWV paper, leaves, burlap, key charm, Joann's initial brad, Tim Holts Distress ink in Black Soot, and American Crafts clear stamps.
                         
I hope you're spending time outside because before you know it, we'll be knee deep in winter.
Have a wonderful day!
                 
                   

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate your comments. Please stop back again soon!